RE: [Harp-L] Cheap harps

Hi Richard. I agree. But I keep a couple of Blues Bands in my case for giveaways to kids. I took a dozen to a Cub Scout campout and we all had a ball.
I never see Johnsons mentioned. I have had some good luck with Johnsons just for carrying in my pocket and if I get some lint in them or drop them or whatever I'm only out >$10. If someone asks for a little tune off the cuff I'm ready and dont have to run the risk of ruining a $50 harp by carrrying it in my pocket without being in a case. Usually in these instances the requester is happy with what I deliver. If a request is made by someone whom I perceive as "serious" I just say "well I dont have a harp on me". So with that said, in my world, cheap harps have their place in a not so serious setting.Buck