Re: [Harp-L] 3-hole draw goes flat without trying

Yup.  It's probably software (myware).  Winslow actually mentioned this
when I took his class at the Jazz School here in Berkeley last Fall -- "I'm
hearing a little bend there." -- when I was supposed to be playing straight
draw notes.  I'd been forming my bad harp habits in solitude for about 3
years.  Maybe my ears are improving a little anyway.  I'd been carrying a C
SP20 most of the time.  The 3-hole cooperated fairly well, though I had a
hard time finding 3 half steps in there.  I must be starting quite a bit
under the unbent note so there isn't as much left to bend down to. Now I've
picked up a G to carry around and work with.   I might just be learning
what I need to do with a lower harp.

Thanks.  _Gary