Re: [Harp-L] Pocket Full of Soul - Don't assume it will show where it says

> --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, The Iceman  wrote:
>
> This is an interesting concept, but it seems to me like PFOS is asking so many other people to do their work for them. Kinda like a direct marketing campaign with no payoff for those who get involved (aside from seeing the movie, that is).

That's a pretty cynical way of looking at it, Iceman. These guys made a movie about our subculture. They put their money and their time into it. We have an opportunity to help them get it shown, and possibly have it be a success beyond just our community.

It's not that hard to click on some buttons online to request a show and tell your friends about it. It doesn't even cost you any money if the movie doesn't happen, and if it does happen, you get to see it in a movie theater with a bunch of friends and it only cost you $10.

Would I like a DVD to watch whenever? Sure. But you know, that costs money to make and distribute too (I know you know this). This is a way, sort of like Kickstarter, to help fund something like that. Me, I think it's a great idea. I don't feel like I'm doing anyone's work for them and I'm happy to help others, especially when it comes to the harmonica community.

And yes, I'm trying to get a screening here in Ann Arbor. When we have a venue, I'll let everyone know.

cheers,

--JP