[Harp-L] Harmonica Train Recordings

Hi Ross,

David Barrett's "History of Blues Harmonica Concert" has Joe Filisko doing a medley of train imitations based on DeFord Bailey, Freeman Stovers, and other pioneer harmonica train imitation recording artists.... Joe has been doing these on a deep level for years and it is a great to hear the detail you get from a well recorded live show.

I have a free recording on my website that focuses on train ryhthm breathing patterns and my version of Lonnie Glossens "Fast Passenger Train" steam train imitation. it is part of the freebies for joining my list.

I don't know if anybody else mentioned these people: Palmer Macabee, Bert Bilbro, George "Bullet" Williams, Salty Holmes, are all names to look for on various compilation CDs - there are more, just can't think of them all off the top of my head....

PLUS - google steam train recordings - i have some that I got from the Altoona Railroader museum and other places that are a blast to play along with. Roll your own! Go back to the source. Listen to these recordings late at night with the lights off and you will hear a world of rhythm and texture that will fire your imagination....

Richard Sleigh

P.O. Box 23
Boalsburg PA 16827

Join my list & get entertaining emails and special offers- go to  http://rsleigh.com/ on the left hand side, give me your name & email & you're in!