Re: [Harp-L] re:What Cover-Plates Don't Do

I am not saying the projected sound is different!   But it is  just that  I
find it nicer to play a harmonica that vibrates MORE  rather than less when
I play it, that is... with thinner cover plates... OK, I  don't think the
AUDIENCE will hear any difference at all.  Also I like  metal combs on my
harmonica, but again, the audience won't hear any  difference!  I simply like
the Hohner Blues Harp cover plates, which  seem to vibrate MORE as I play...
I have no idea about the actual thickness.. But I know Hohner's Blues  Harp
cover plates are much thinner than Hohner's "Meisterklasse"  or  than the
"Dannecker Blues" cover plates...
I find that as a harmonicist I PREFER a harp that vibrates MORE as I play
it... The cover plates make a VAST diference... Not to the "timbre" but to
the  joy of playing!
The sound produced will probably sound the same, whatever....
Just my 2c worth!
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now, shivering in a wintry Scotland.

In a message dated 1/17/2013 12:13:34 P.M. GMT Standard Time,