Re: [Harp-L] re:What Cover-Plates Don't Do

> I don't have any, but it would be very interesting, IMO, to add to the complex question the impact of things like powder coating on timbre.

I doubt the coating would have any affect.  There is certainly no good acoustic reason it would, and unless testing shows it then there is no reason I can see it would make any difference.

> Are you talking about the SPAH test?

The ones Vern conducted, yes.

> The best way to do any of these, IMO, is to remove the human element.  I need one of  those music store testing things.

Agreed, but a bellows which provides constant pressure or suction would be significantly better than the tester.

JR Ross