Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Smokey burned Georgia

About that...

On this 2010 Garden State Smokey version of Georgia, Danny used a couple of
 'my' closeups --you can see when the colour changes: my computer's
glitching  right now but I think around 1:34 or so? and then again later on. There
seem to  be a couple of different versions out there..the comments are
different and I  didn't see my closeups in the version Smokey posted?

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NEuC8oG5G4&feature=youtu.be_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NEuC8oG5G4&feature=youtu.be)

I videorecorded Smokey's entire set (and lots more of his and other folks'
playing at that Convention and Williamsburg, SPAH, GSHC 2011, etc) and
still have his whole set from this performance, as does he. On his  Master DVD
it looked great as I'd sent him a Master duped DVD(as I do  everyone) copied
directly--we have a machine which does this--from the small  DVD's used in
my Camera precisely because I want the performers to have  exactly what I
captured.

 He forwarded it on to Danny who'd also filmed it on his newer flip
camera. The reason I love MY camera (a Sony) is because of its great  audio. When
I play it back either on my computer or via a DVD player the sound  AND
video clarity is exceptionally good compared to previous cameras I've  used.

UNfortunately, when Danny edited it for YouTube, he explained the
editing/transfer is what causes the distortion not only in colour and  clarity, but
that it also 'muddies up' the sound. I had no idea that would  happen and
thought that by sending the artist(s) their own full size  duped DVD's they'd
be able to keep them for posterity or be able to then  post them to YouTube
themselves.
Now, now so sure.

I DO have a YouTube account myself but so far have absolutely NO IDEA how
to put up any of the (by now well over 100) harmonica videos I've taped and
have stacked everywhere nor how to edit them (some do require judicious
editing--no one wants to see the times I recorded the carpet when the  camera
was left on accidentally <G>). Danny explains doing it myself would  be the
optimum way to retain the original great sound and clarity, but I'M
stumped. (When folks have previously attempted to explain they rattle off lists  of
instructions which truly are incomprehensible not only to me but my husband
 who once worked in film production. When HE stomps off frustrated that's
the end  of that session). :( So HALP! is the word for today.

Is there ANYONE out there who could send me a step-by-step list of
directions on just how to go about this? Dumb it down as much as possible for  this
technophobe? OR is there a 'Posting your own already recorded DVD's for
Dummies' book out there?  ;)

I guess I want to know not only HOW to do it, but IF I can view them first
either on YouTube or how they'll look there before they're aired and do any
 fixing as well before the public gets to see them--and have the capability
to  remove any at this stage which aren't up to par?

In addition there're a lot of mini DV TAPES from my earlier camera  which
hold a lot of Jason Ricci & New Blood, Harp Blow-offs, SPAH and other
performances from a while back.

I've also been videorecording my animals for years long before coming back
to harmonica so I'd seriously enjoy having the ability to put up youtube
videos  from those older vids as well: the kind one used a VHS-C adapter to
view, but  only if I can edit. My dog is likely now into the final stages of
kidney failure along with 3 of my very elderly cats unless my super-human
efforts of late somehow pay off, so I'd like to be able to preserve these
memories and figure out how to upload or download those too. If the only way
is  to have them transferred to DVD's then someone tell me so.

My own home computer is near ready to kick the bucket so I'll  likely
require a new one for this or can one use an IPad? (new Xmas 2012  gift I haven't
yet had opportunity to open).

Inquiring 'but highly INcompetent when it comes to this sort of  thing'
mind sorely needs to know.

Elizabeth

PS: here're the earlier Buckeye performances previously seen here but  no
reason not to repost for 'new' harp-l viewers. These became considerably
degraded going between Danny (who shot them), Smokey, me and Garry Hodgson.
There's GOT to be a better way?

Smokey Joe Leone: Summertime:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu8Jt7DKMOk_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu8Jt7DKMOk)

Smokey Joe Leone: Angel Eyes:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzlaRAHwmq4_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzlaRAHwmq4)

Smokey Joe Leone: After the Lovin'

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4lBYzkW4kA_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4lBYzkW4kA)

Smokey Joe Leone: On Green Dolphin Street

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iUNSJkPusM_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iUNSJkPusM)

Smokey Joe Leone: Embraceable You

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx8n8lVBigQ_