Subject: Re: [Harp-L] REtirement from Videos and Posts

Then there's the other side of the coin, Dave. When a person who  respects
you has made a point to make POSITIVE comments on your videos  or to have
praised you over the years for your contributions not only on list  but ON
your videos and to countless other people purely to build up your watch  list
or your 'likes' yet gets NO feedback whatsoever: Zero. Zilch. Nada,  while
noticing that you DO respond with a fair amount of alacrity to specific  other
people, it tells the responder something and they eventually stop  wasting
their time. You've made it abundantly clear by your silence that their
comments aren't welcome. You then claim your absence 'wasn't noticed'.  Really?

I'd like to comment on one additional point you made if I may? Referring to
 someone as 'prickly' doesn't mean what you say it does. It's not at all
the  insult you took it to be. It merely means someone is --I guess a good
analogy  would be, akin to a cactus: 'prickly'. Someone who perhaps riles
easily or is  difficult to get close to? It certainly doesn't mean the other.

There's also the idea that any and all contributors to a harmonica list
post without thought of recompense or feedback. I've always thought that was
how  it worked? I personally know at least 20 people I could name who could
sell a  great (and deserving) product every single day here. Yet they don't,
because I  don't believe they think of the list as their personal
'sales-pitch' site and  they know most of us would be signing off in droves if that's
what it devolved  into. The 'occasional' mention doesn't faze anyone.
Incessant ramming a point  (or product) home is a huge turn-off, speaking for
myself anyway.

I certainly don't post anything which might be of value medically to others
 or an artist's gig lists or videos hoping for personal feedback or for
someone to pat me on the back. It's always a surprise when anyone  does make a
nice or friendly comment so I take it in the spirit in which  it's
proferred. My original hope in posting is that someone  will actually go to see the
artist I've mentioned, or watch the video and  perhaps discover a new (to
them) player, or perhaps find something of value for  themselves. That's more
than thanks enough...no kudos necessary,  ever.

Reality is that EVERYONE who posts gets the slings and arrows - and you're
absolutely right about Jason, of course: he took far more than his share
over  the years. Adults eventually manage to deal with them without getting
into  a huff, especially here where it would be considered 'meta  discussion'.

Elizabeth

(From David Payne --heavily snipped)

"Message: 7