Re: [Harp-L] harp-tech, where to start

You can spend years combing the internet forums and watching youtubes or you can buy the only dvd out there with this information

http://www.hetrickharmonica.com/rupertoyslerdvd_p/rupert.htm

On 1/8/2013 3:38 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
For someone who wants to educate themselves on the requisite harp tech
concepts/skills, where is a good place (website/book/etc) to start?

I don't want to become an expert or customizer, right now I'm focusing on
practicing and developing my playing/repertoire.  That said, I'd  like to
be able to maintain my own instruments, and tweak them as needed.  For
example, I can get consistent overblows on the 7 and 8, but the 9 and 10
are elusive...I'm thinking there's something I can do to make those holes
bend to my will a bit more.

It's becoming apparent to me with all the jargon (half-valving, ebossing,
etc.) that gets thrown around in casual harp conversation, that learning
these things isn't really an option....so I might as well start learnin'.

--
hetrickharmonica@xxxxxx
www.hetrickharmonica.com

Please consider the following when doing business with us (this is our email signature):

1) Problems getting a tight seal on that harmonica? Every single comb is quality tested before shipping. Don’t forget to flat sand those reedplates. Video how to at www.harmonicacombs.com

2) Please be patient with us on orders. We make everything in house and we are slaves to perfection. Quality takes time!

3) On the rare occasion that you should have a problem with our products or services, please don't keep it to yourself or post your displeasure on public forums. Please contact us directly so that we can resolve it immediately.

Thank you for choosing Hetrick