Re: [Harp-L] Setting the Tempo

fear factor buster on stage before starting a song......

take a moment or two for yourself, turn your back on crowd, put hand over your heart to feel your heartbeat and then take three long slow breaths before singing tune to yourself. Then turn around, count tempo and KILL the audience with your talent.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Madcat Ruth <madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Jan 4, 2013 1:42 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Setting the Tempo

I agree with Iceman, singing the song to yourself before you start the song is
the best idea.  But you also might take a small pre-set metronome on stage with
you.  There are very small electronic metronomes, and metronome apps for smart
phones.

About the fear factor-  be assured that everyone in the audience and everyone on
the stage wants you to succeed.

Peter Madcat Ruth
Musician - Grammy Award Winner
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net
www.youtube.com/user/petermadcatruth

On Jan 4, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Elizabeth Hess wrote:
>> Oh, I do this, but unsuccessfully.  I think there's a fear factor involved:
I worry that I'll rush it because I'm nervous, so I deliberately try to calm
myself down before giving the count, and the result seems to be that I
unintentionally slow myself down, too.