Re: [Harp-L] Stunning Piece on Accordina

Beautiful stuff.

On Jan 4, 2013, at 12:16 PM, Slim Heilpern wrote:

> Great cut!
>
> Yeah, Ludovic is wonderful. I saw him recently with Dorado Schmitt and he blew me away.
>
> Like many jazz accordion players, he can easily put most (all?) chromatic harpists to shame in terms of dexterity and chords (on either accordina or accordion).

And like a piano player once told me: " I have 10 fingers to use whereas you only have one mouth. AND I don't have to breathe in and out....unless ( he chuckles) I want to stay alive". So, in that vein, it's hard to compete with a guitarist using 4 fingers and a hand selecting  6 strings and a man using 5 fingers..all on blow notes and without selecting holes. I guess the key here is that these fellows did their practice sessions like their moms told them to.  lololol

smo-joe  (I thanked Ben off list)