Re: [Harp-L] Ironwood Combs

Try Osage Orange, aka Monkey Ball tree, aka 'Genus Gumblembi'. It is a buttery colored wood with streaks running through it. Very much like in the old days when we would buy Oleo margarine (which was snow white) and add a packet of yellow dye along the top. Which would seep into the Oleo and make for a swirly varigated effect. Oh, but then you wouldn't go back that far. Sorry...scuze me.  lolol

smo-joe

p.s. I used it to make authentic long bows.