[Harp-L] The all-important “Zero Point” Phenomena

Hello harp-a-teers...I have read an interesting article written by Master Customizer Kinya Pollard  in Mel Bay’s HarmonicaSessions® eZine April 2011...It states below.... Hidden from view, is the all-important “Zero Point”—to coin a Dick Sjoeberg term. Zero Point refers to the gap, the distance between the bottom of the rivet end of the reed and top of reed plate. The optimum is .002” (0.05mm)...
My question is do any of you guys or girls - keep an eye out on this “Zero Point” clearance?
What is your preferred “Zero Point” clearance?
 What are your thoughts about adjusting the clearance at the rivet pad ?
Is this (.002  clearance tweak) something you would like to try, if you have'n t already?
Thank you!Sincerely,Frank