[Harp-L] chamfering

so the chamfering would not be something for a chromatic, right?

I mean, brightening up the sound is the last thing I'd want....(it's an expression, there are really lots of things I'd want less than a bright sounding horn..the plague, for instance...and , speaking of which, having to play In The Mood just "one more time".)

As for decreased reed reaction time, once the gaps are right, with minimal, if any, embossing (only to correct factory defects) the reaction time of the reeds is something I play against, using the resistance for  making music....

In some ways, the more "perfect" the chromatic is made, after a point, you lose interesting musical stuff.

The usually overlooked bit is to learn to play with a big, full, sound, at the low dynamics.... anyone can play loudly.

playing big but softly  takes using the resistance of the instrument, OR making resistance within your body....

so....I suspect that chamfering is only for the diatonics, not my department.....

happy new year

a musician's goal is to  play music, rather than to play the instrument.

jon kip
player of silly music, mostly written by dead people.

http://passtheblame.com/jon_vs_smile.html
http://passtheblame.com/jon_vs_scrapple.html