[Harp-L] Pocket Full of Soul attendance

   The Chicago show (Skokie) is confirmed.  Took a quick look at the list
of cities; I think out of 24 cities there are 10 that had to call off the
show due to poor ticket sales.  I was kind of amazed to see that St. Louis,
a city that has hosted several SPAH conventions, was only able to sell 4
tickets.  On the other end of the spectrum, I was startled to see that
Houston, Texas has sold 337 tickets!  That's way beyond everyone else.
Then I noticed that the filmmaker had done a radio interview on the local
station there.  Amazing what a little promo can do.
   As I said before, you can kind of look upon this thing as a census of
harmonica enthusiasts.  Flawed of course, because plenty of players
probably live far away from the show sites and many haven't a clue this
film exists.  Still, the fact the 10 cities had to cancel out is a bit
depressing.  With the exception of Texas, the film isn't playing in the
South at all.  Knoxville, Nashville, Orlando, and Birmingham all came up
short.

Mick Zaklan