Subject: Re: [Harp-L] NYC Screening Meet Up Suggestion

Hey Chris!

SO glad you're going and we'll get a chance to say hello again. :) Us too,
for afterwards! Getting into Manhattan to eat before is just too early for
dinner (we already have to leave before 5p.m. just to make the showing), so
 afterwards is far better to have a bite to eat and maybe hang out a bit?

It'd be great to finally meet Trip, Dennis, et al in person and I
definitely like Trip's idea of somewhere within a block of the theater.

For those who prefer eating first, keep in mind that 8th Avenue is going to
 be well-nigh impossible to negotiate at that time on a Friday evening
unless  people plan to jog across town? That isn't in the cards for me, I'm
afraid.  We'll cab it from the parking garage on 40th between 1st & 2nd (those
are  looooooong City blocks and we might have another snow before the 28th).
;)

Best, Elizabeth

PS: got worried when I checked the reviews and couldn't find any mention of
 Paddy's serving food, but later found a mention of being able to order  in
'Guinness pizza' from the place next door? We'll be starved and won't  get
home until very late so will likely need to have 'some' food after the  show.

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:35:25 -0500 (EST)
From:  Cljdm@xxxxxxx
To:  trip.tunes@xxxxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: billhines4@xxxxxxxxx

Good  suggestion. Before the show or after? I would prefer after if
possible.

chris

In a message dated 2/22/2013 3:33:28 P.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
trip.tunes@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hey Bill et al  attending the NYC Screening,

Let me suggest an alternate location for a  meetup, a place closer to the
screening. Its Paddy Reilly's Music Bar,  located at 519 2nd Avenue, (Corner
of 29th Street), Its a mere block away  from the AMC at 30th Street, hosts a
weekly old time session I often play at  and has a lovely barkeep who pours
a fine pint of Guinness, and as a bonus  has a back room where we might be
able to hang, play, swap.

Who's  in?

Trip
--