[Harp-L] Re: Train Wreck

Credible musicianship amongst lesser players often gains kudos. Perhaps because the cred is made more obvious. I have also been the recipient of spontaneous applause after doing what I thought was normal "just plaing the tune" albeit done with credible musicianship. I smile and do a head nod "bow." I acknowledge their appreciation with my own. It's nice, but really nothing more than that. But I never get tired of being appreciated.

Now, if you want to know about a train wreck, I just met a guy once about 2 weeks ago, and he has a studio. He asked me to come over and jam with some of his buddys. I am a bluesy, jazzy, country folk rock and roller with grateful dead overtones. They are heavy metal punk grunge garage band head bangers. I'll just say that we didn't get along musically very well... but as peeps we got along fine. I suggested that the producer (Guy I met a few weeks ago) give me a couple of charts of a few of their tunes (if you can call them tunes) and then I'll be able to come in with some fore-knowledge of what they're about musically. But yesterday had one or two cool jams and the rest was a total musical disaster. Good thing we weren't playing in front of strangers. Har!

When life asks you to jump in...
Splash!
----- Original Message ----- <snip>it´s still a bit depressing that the audience congratulates you on on what is commonly referred to as a "train wreck".