Re: [Harp-L] re: One-Chord Boogie

Joseph Leone wrote:
<You might be surprised at what the audience feels. Tonight I got a huge compliment from a regular looking man who turns out to be <from Montreal.....with a 16 piece band.

This message from Joe plus Iceman's together encompass the entire reality of the matter:
1)  Most people have no idea what they're listening to.
2)  You never know who in the audience might be an exception to item #1.

I am reminded of Jim Morrison's comment to a friend after a performance at the Whiskey au GoGo in LA, sometime before the Doors broke out.  It was a slow night at the club, but Morrison gave an all-out performance.  The friend asked Morrison why he'd put so much into a show for a nearly empty room.  "You never which performance is going to be your last," Morrison said.

Who's listening, indeed?

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter