[Harp-L] Busking set up

Hi everyone

Have just re-subscribed, hope this finds you all well.

I'm just thinking about a busking set up, My buskers amp failed to survive
a flight - a friend told me that the temperature reduction in the hold can
wreck the connectors which could explain why the amp isn't charging and
made a suggestion that if I don't think the cost of a repair is worth it,
as this might cost more than the amp's worth, I could run the battery
through an inverter and power the amp that way.  This got me thinking that
another option might be to salvage the battery and then use it via an
inverter to power a better amp, such as an 60w AER cube, which with my
transient lifestyle and consequent need to keep possessions to a
mimimum would make huge sense, as I could use the cube for gigs (as well as
every other auditory requirement) and I would be able to carry it on
flights as hand luggage.

My understanding is that the battery life will be cut in four by the power
requirements of ther amp being four times more than my 15watt buskers amp,
so I wondered about the possibility of getting an additional rechargerable
battery like this for example
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_kw=Super+Rechargeable+Batteries+Lithium-ion+Battery+DC+12V+9800mAh+Large+capacity
and
connecting them up in series, assuming that two strapped together would
mean that the battery life is reduced by half, which would then be ok for
say four hours or so - am I right?

My set up is chromatic and diatonic with me playing guitar via a loop pedal
until a proper guitarist comes along and i can give myself the sack and
just play the harmonica

Thanks

Bill