[Harp-L] Re: Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson's Timed Vibrato

Tacopescado wrote that he believes "Goin' Down Slow" is throat vibrato, but
that "Help Me" is both tongued and throat vibrato.  And now that I think
about it,  when Jason demonstrated an approximation of Wilson's timed
vibrato for me using his tongue,  the tune was "Help Me".   Smo-Joe wrote
that it was a "clarinet" vibrato using the back of the tongue, but Jason
thought it involved using the front of the tongue to interrupt the air
stream but without actually touching the tongue to your teeth or roof of
your mouth, just bringing it near enough to interrupt the air stream.

I'm still enjoying "Blind Owl Blues" the Alan Wilson biography.  Its
reminded me that Wilson also recorded using chromatic to play Indian ragas!
 One example can be heard in "Parthenogenesis" and another in a John Fahey
lp, which I don't own but will have to seek out now!