Re: [Harp-L] Speaking of Alan Wilson.../ Madcat

Back in the Sky King days (the mid 1970s) I was using out of the box Marine Band harmonicas.  Hohner Blues Harps were also available at that time but I never used them. Then I switched to Golden Melody harmonicas when they became available.  I preferred the plastic combs because they didn't warp.  I didn't know anything about tuning or customizing harmonicas until Cham-Ber Huang gave me a quick lesson about tuning in the early 1980s. After that I met Joe Filisko and Steve Baker who showed me a lot more…

Peter Madcat Ruth
Musician - Grammy Award Winner
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net