 From: Rick Epping <rickepping@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:29 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: 280/64 chromatic screws up or down

When Hohner was deciding to change the Golden Melody from pinned to screwed
reed plates, it was given to me to determine what kind of configuration to
use.  After testing every possibility, I found that maintaining for the
reed plate screws the original up/down configuration that was used for the
pins resulted in a slightly better performance.  Why, I cannot not say for
sure.  As far as I know, the Golden Melody is still assembled this way.

Best regards,
Rick