[Harp-L] Stunning "Chicken" from Philip Achille

Philip Achille is a young English jazz and classical chromatic player who
always blows me away with his chops, taste and groove. Check out this live
version of The Chicken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1mlZaX9FZlM>
&v=1mlZaX9FZlM

Philip's seamless switching between octaves and single notes is particularly
cool, and his tasty use of outside notes on the chord changes adds a nice
jazz edge to the funk groove.

Philip is similar to Spain's brilliant Antonio Serrano: chrom players who
started with classical playing and then switched to jazz, using their
high-level chops to create new sounds in a field so long defined by Toots
Thielemans. It's refreshing, and exciting!

Thanks to Abe Thomas for making me aware of this vid.

Brendan Power

WEBSITES:  <http://www.brendan-power.com/> www.brendan-power.com ●
www.x-reed.com

FACEBOOK:  <http://www.facebook.com/tethnik> www.facebook.com/tethnik