[Harp-L] Koch Chromatics etc.

I have never seen or heard (to my knowledge) a Koch chromatic, but I do have
experience of Seydel Standard Chromatics which are also valveless.

This can be an advantage in the steamy environment of an Irish Trad session.
The fact that their leakiness makes them somewhat less audible also saves me
embarrassment on occasion.

However I do sometimes wonder perversely whether burnishing/swaging the
reedplates might reduce the 'windiness'.

I recently succumbed to the temptation to buy a Tombo slideless chromatic at
a bargain price. Alas I have not yet figured out how you are supposed to
play this device. (Try playing a C# and a C diatonic both stuck into your
gob at the same time)

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana