Re: [Harp-L] Toots last year - see toots interview

The link for an interview  that mentions the things you are talking about is:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UlWWSF-FM>;

-----Original Message-----
From: robert <harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rob Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Dec 23, 2013 7:15 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Toots last year

Actually I'm pretty sure Toots started on accordion, then came chromatic, then
guitar came third. I heard him say all this in an interview. He played the
accordion for a good while and evidently got pretty good on it; perhaps this is
the foundation of his knowledge of harmony?
WVa Bob
P.S. I think this interview is on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2013, at 10:59 AM, "Rob Paparozzi" <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yup that is the way Toots tells it and he was challenged to learn it on a bet
while recovering!,-) Lucky US,-)

> he actually started on the Accordion as a kidâ
>
> Rob P
> On Dec 22, 2013, at 10:53 AM, The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> The story I heard was that Toots was a guitarist/whistler, but early on ended
up in the hospital for an extended stay.