[Harp-L] grant dermody

   Looks like Grant Dermody has an interesting new project underway; a
recording session in Cajun country:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/acoustic-roots-music-cd-harmonica-and-voice-with-all-star-support
.
   I believe I once heard Joe Filisko refer to Grant as "The Tone Hammer".
Pretty descriptive of Grant's big sound.  What I like about Grant is that
he isn't trying to make the harmonica into a saxophone or guitar or piano.
Not that those approaches don't bear fruit, but sometimes I just want to
hear gobs of notes played together.  Sounding like trains, church choirs
shouting, convicts working in a field long ago, etc.  Sounding like a
self-taught folk instrument.  Grant will give you that, plus impeccable
background work and fierce soloing.
   I wish him the best here and expect another great CD from him.

Mick Zaklan