[Harp-L] Circle of Fifths, and different tunings

I wonder,,,

 Over the years I've only used 10-hole major diatonics. I'm assuming they are "Richter tuned", though I'm not certain what that means. This is what you get when you just go and buy a "harmonica", for the most part.

If I were to dabble in the different tunings, e.g., Paddy, natural minor, circular, etc.,, would these different tunings negate or modify the usefulness of an understanding of the Circle of Fifths?