Re: [Harp-L] Circle of Fifths (Circle of Fourths) and Positions

Hi Ice

I think I understand music theory, at least from the perspective of jazz
improvisation, rather well yet I have never found a use for the circle of
fifths. I would really like to know how others are actually using it.

If one is reading notation then I could seen possible reasons to memorize
the circle but in the context of improvisation or even composition how does
it help?

MusiCal