From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of harp
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 4:44 PM
To: Dean Liu; Bob Cohen; Forum SPAH
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Circle of Fifths (Circle of Fourths) and Positions

Thank you.  These are great.

Brad

On 12/16/13, 1:02 PM, "Dean Liu" <tliu10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>These two little easy-to-remember mnemonic are based on the fact that
>the more one studies the CoF, the more hidden knowledge of music notes
>one discovers.
>

>Major starts at ³11 o¹clock² -
>

>Fifth Circle Goes Deeper And Ever Better; [Flat] goes(Gb=F#) deeper and
>ever better
>

>Minor start at ³8 o¹clock²-
>
>Fifth Circle Goes Deeper And Ever Better; [Sharp] fifth circle goes
>deeper and (A#=Bb)Š
>

>Dean
>

>> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Circle of Fifths (Circle of Fourths) and
>> Positions
>> From: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:43:41 -0500
>> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>>

>> On Dec 16, 2013, at 9:32 AM, harp <harp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > Does anyone have a mnemonic they use to remember the Circle of Fifths?
>>
>> Also stolen from the Internet:
>>
>> Children, Go, Dancing, After, Eating, Battered, Fish (and) Chips
>>(Sharps)
>> Children, Find, Bears, Exciting, And, Deer, Great, Chums (Flats)
>>
>> Minor keys I use:
>> All, Elephants, Bounce, For, Cheetah, Gorilla, Deer (Sharps)
>> Afterwards, Dear, Gorilla, Cheetah, Find, Bouncing, Elephants (Flats)
>>

>> Bob Cohen
>> Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
>> w: bobjcohen.com
>> t: #itsabobworld

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   Confidential information, such as identifiable patient health information or business information, is subject to protection under state and federal law.    If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.