Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Using an RP in a live situation (w/ green bullet)

Martin,

Regarding your feedback sessions with the Green Bullet: The newer Green Bullets have an impedance-matching transformer inside that boosts the output signal and makes them way too hot in my opinion.  I took the transformer and volume pot out of one, and installed a simple on/off kill switch instead, and now it's my favorite mic.  Before the mod, I had to keep amp volume low, and couldn't get anywhere near the amp without it feeding back.  Now I can crank my amp up a bit more and get that nice fat, warm tube amp sound, with no feedback what-so-ever.  Please note: Shure probably would not support the mods I made, so modify at your own risk, but I love the mic now and it was just collecting dust before.

Keep Harpin!
Pat Powers