Re: [Harp-L] Harrison Patent application number: 20090308223

Vern writes:

"Anything that is published, patented anywhere, obvious, or already in the
public domain cannot be patented."

In theory that is true.  In practice, I have seen quite a number of patents
on things obvious or totally derivative of other patents.  It's amazing what
some people can get patents on.  IMO it all depends on whether you get a
competent patent examiner or not.  Seems like they are few and far between
these days.  Overworked and underpaid, I suppose.

Harp content:  Practice more and worry about patents less.

Fred S