Re: [Harp-L] SBW One way out

On 12/5/2013 10:25 AM, Steve Baker wrote:

Steve responds: Harp customizing almost definitely did not exist at that time. There is little evidence that any of the classic blues harmonica players ever adjusted their instruments.

While this is certainly true to a degree - the older harp players (i.e. guys who were playing in the 40s, 50s, and 60s) I worked with growing up all had small screwdrivers, thin bladed knives, or toothpicks they'd keep around to finess reeds or adjust the responsiveness of a reed. But I never knew players who were actually tuning their reeds or doing major redesigns until the 80s and 90s.

BB

--- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com