Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 2013 CORRECTING SMOKEY JOE

sez Joe

<<  (Larry) wrongo...I moved past Chuck my first year as Convention Director. He was good, but old fashioned. I wanted hip.

(Joe) I'm NOT wrong for the ones that I was at. You're talking about the one year I missed the convention because I moved to Florida. Not only that but Chuckie Robinette died of heart failure.

(Larry) I tapped into the black jazz community...I really wish I could remember the trio. All I remember now is that Pistol Allen was the drummer (one of the Motown Funk Bros). Bass player was a great jazz session (and alternate in the Detroit Symphony) player and the pianist was one of the existing jazz legends at that time from Detroit. It was the real deal. They also brought in a lot of the black community to the convention just by the fact that they were well known.

(Joe) Which is good, but that hotel sucked turbid brackish swamp water. I would NEVER have gone to spah again if they hadn't started moving it around. And (ftr) I never had a problem with you being director. But you can't expect the future to be the same as the past. Even 'I' (living in 1913), can see that the world changes.  I

1. My first year as Convention Director was probably the year you moved to FL, so when Bob and I took over, it wasn't Chuck, as you stated below.

2. Sorry you didn't like the hotel, but a lot of magic happened there when you weren't. Besides, who's talking about the hotel, really.

3. Who is expecting the future to be the same as the past? I am only reminiscing about some great times and correcting your mistake about the trio when Bob and I made changes.