RE: [Harp-L] Best solo harp instrumental tunes

I've written a few cool instrumentals for my band - "Like Floyd", "After the Rain" and "One Fine Day". Each has a unique groove and each is quite simple structurally. They are a blast to play and audiences loved them until my band crashed a few months ago. :-(
Still it's all good.
Simple is key. Groove is key. Having a blast is key.
Harpin in Colorado,
--Ken M.Ross Macdonald <pdxharpdog@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Do any of you guys and gals play in bands that feature a harp instrumental tune with backing from the band in a set? In my band we have one that goes over well but we've played it a million times and its getting a bit old to me and the bandmates. I'm in need of some inspiration for a new feature harp tune to add to our set. Not really looking to cover a tune necessarily, so much as to inspire our song writer to collaborate with me on an original in the vein of Grant Dermody's version of "Greasy Coat" from the Crossing That River record, or Kenny Neal and Billy Branch, "Bill and Kenny's Stomp" off the Double Take record.

Thanks for your continued harmonica inspiration.

Ross Macdonald
www.sassparilla.info

Sent from my iPad