RE: [Harp-L] SPAH and clubs development !

Danny G wrote:
, I’ve been traveling (5+ hours) several times per year to take part in events put on by the Harmonica Club of Huntington, West Virginia. Why ?
> Because the Harmonica Club is more about playing music and encouraging its members to be better musicians. The club has a bunch of harmonica players but it also has a drummer, singers, guitar players and a blind lady who wails on the keyboard. My hat’s off to Jim Rumbaugh and his club for really doing something to preserve and advance the instrument.  Danny G

---I concur with what Danny said 100%. Jim Rumbaugh and the guys and gals at the Huntington Harmonica Club do lots of really cool stuff, from their weekly meetings/jams, to Harmonicacollege, etc etc etc...they have even brought in Dennis Gruenling and his band for workshops and concerts. Huntington, West Virginia, is a small city, and it's pretty amazing that  a city that size could have a harmonica club as vital and active as the Huntington Harmonica Club is. Hats off to them!
WVa Bob
P.S. And hats off to  Danny G, who won the West Virginia state harmonica championship last weekend, but is way too humble to tell you that...way to go Danny!