Re: [Harp-L] Violin and Harmonica

I've been playing with fiddlers for several years and have formed a musical partnership with one in particular, Tuula (Tossavainen) Cotter. We played a concert set at the 201 SPAH convention.

I agree that ballads especially can be magical. Here are some of our performances over the last few years:

Lammen Laine (finnish ballad): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dts-FSErTCY

Mouth of Keswick (original air): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsJkRcwZkCw ;

A la claire fontaine/She's Like the Swallow (audio only): http://db.tt/X2LlzxTM

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance