Re: [Harp-L] Chrom in Dixieland front line

Thanks Dennis and Joe,

At first, I assumed the harmonica would naturally replace the trumpet, but
when I sat in with a group, I found that I felt somewhat redundant with the
clarinet timbre-wise.  (Except the clarinet could play all kinds of things
(especially intervallic things) I couldn't play very well, lol.)  Mainly, I
felt that the chrom was swallowed up by the three other horns, with very
little space to play.  I would like to try replacing one horn with chrom,
as you both suggest, if I ever get the chance...