[Harp-L] New Hohner Marine Bands do not have date stamps

I  received a full set of 13 Marine Bands 1896s that a customer sent me from Rockin Ron's to Optimize a couple of days ago, and while checking them out to see what dates they were made, 6 of them do not have date stamps on them.

Some please tell me that Hohner has not stopped putting date stamps on their Classic MBs and Golden Melodies.  I know they never did put them on Special 20s for some reason, and since I specialize in refurbished harps, that creates a problem because I never am real sure how one will turn out until I waste my time working on it. Now with the standard Marine Bands not having date stamps, they look just like 1995 harps.  Once they get filthy you will not be able to tell the difference in couple of years.  At least with the Golden Melodies you can tell the newer ones by the silver screws.

So, whats up with this??

Harvey Berman
HarveyHarp