[Harp-L] offlist posts meta

I'm noticing a lot of offlist responses being quoted in on list replies.
If you have an offlist discussion going and you want to take it public you
need to have explicit permission of the original poster to do so.  Make
sure you mention this in your post.

Really watch it when you're discussing a contested topic on harp-l.  It's
easy enough to fall into the habit of ascribing motive and calling names.
This never ends well for me because eventually I end up having to get
involved.   harp-l-listowner