Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 50th

We missed you,hope you can come again soon.

Jerry
-----Original Message-----
From: wbharptime2@xxxxxxxxx
To: rexg4@xxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@harp-l.org
Sent: 2013-08-24 17:45:31 GMT
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 50th

Great thoughts Rex! I appreciate your response. When I say 365 I am talking
about an entity with an online presence that folks world wide can
participate in preserving and advancing the harmonica. I think we are on
different wave lengths. No biggie. Glad you had a great SPAH convention
this year!

WB

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM, rex <rexg4@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just my two cents (and I ain't nobody) but I think the other 360 is best
> left to the local or regional clubs, the local bands (where players
> actually play with other musicians who are not harp players), the online
> forums like harp-l and others, youtube, sound cloud, and local music
> festivals and jams. I'm going next month to a music festival where at least
> one harp player is featured. Having a huddle once a year is great but music
> is not about an instrument. So we have country music, pop, Irish, jazz,
> blues, cajun music, Gospel,  rock, etc. SPAH 2013 was fun. I was there 2
> days because I'm within driving distance. I was there in 2005 also. The
> people I play music with are into certain types of music. Most don't play
> harp. They only care if you can play and fit in and add something positive.
> Harp is just one more tool, like guitar. Music is too diverse to have one
> group cover it 365. Ultimately it is about music, not an instrument. Maybe
> I'm wrong and there are plenty of people who want to just focus on harps.
> Also I believe the SPAH convention reaches far beyond it's walls. I'm
> already seeing youtubes from this year and reading things in the few forums
> I follow.  The years I don't go I still follow what hits the web after the
> convention. I've used things learned in the seminars in my playing here at
> the local level. I've played CDs I bought at the conventions for friends
> who are not harp players. While I'm here let me just say thanks to the
> people who worked so hard to make SPAH 2013 fun and informative. Great job
> all!

Thanks Jerry