[Harp-L] Hohner ARTIST SETUPS at SPAH

Hello Everyone,  I'd like to start by saying WOW! What a convention it was!
I've physically been back for five days now, But my mind will remain is
St.Louis for at least another week. If you've never been to SPAH , You are
missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime. I highly recommend finding a
way to make it.

This year, as with years passed, I was working at the Hohner Booth
performing free repairs for any Hohner instruments. This year I must have
fixed close to 200 harps over the 4 days. This is a service that I am very
lucky and proud to have the opportunity to perform. I also taught at the
Filisko Teach In (Thanks Joe) in which I taught people anything from
General maintenance to reed replacement and anything and everything in
between.

In addition to free repairs, new harmonicas, and branded merchandise,
HohnerIntroduced their new Artist Setup program.  If you haven't heard
about this
new and exciting service, Here is what I wrote in a previous Harp-L post:

"I'm very proud to introduce a new service offered by Hohner USA: ARTIST
SETUP SERVICE <http://www.hohnershop.com/artist-setups/>

When Hohner Artists order harps from Hohner, I, or one of our Other World
Class Techs, setup their harps to be optimized for that Artist's specific
playing style.

These six new options cover a wide range of syles and uses. The best part
of this program (IMHO) is that any setup, can be applied to any Hohner 10
hole diatonic. Do you want an ET Special 20? A Pre-war Tuned Golden Melody?
A Modern Compromise tuned half-valved 1896 Marine Band? Well, now you can
get them all.

Also you have the option of buying the harp pre-setup directly from Hohner,
Or sending in any Hohner 10 hole harp within 60 days of purchase and having
it setup.
I'm very excited to be offering this service and I'm looking forward to
putting the Royal treatment on many new harps."

At SPAH, We had one of each of these distinctly different Artist Setup
harps for people to try and test side by side. They were all 1896 Marine
Bands in the key of C. this way the only difference between the harps was
the setup.

What I'd like is to hear from any of you who tried them out.

Which ones did you like? Dislike?
Your opinions on the price and options of the Program?
Were you able to notice the distinct differences?
General discussion about the program.

I heard lots of good things from people in St. Louis, and we are getting
orders for them everyday. I'm excited that Hohner is offering this service.
I personally felt this is what the harmonica world was in need of. My hope
is that through this program, the awareness of harmonica personalization
and customization will be forever expanded, and truly advance the
harmonica's reach into pop culture.

I look forward to hearing form all of you.

Thanks for listening,

C. Adam Hamil
HOHNER CERTIFIED Free Reed Instrument Technician