[Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band

Dennis asked what are the best settings to EQ a harp thru a PA.

I regularly play with a guy who owns the PA - an old but good two speaker Bose system on speaker stands, enhanced with a big Bose bass cabinet on the floor.  We play mostly country flavored stuff at moderate volume; and I play clean thru a Shure SM57 on a mic stand.  Whenever I ask him to give me less treble/more bass, he always has reasons why he shouldn't.  I'm going to email him some of these responses.  But before I do, I want to ask how much the brand of PA determines the settings?  And are these responses tailored to give Dennis a distorted Chicago blues type sound as opposed to a clean undistorted sound?  Thanks in advance.
Ron