Re: [Harp-L] Stan Harper needs 00-90 screws & nuts

Here's another source for #00-90 stainless steel screws:

Component Supply Company

Address:
1220 New Hope Road
Fort Meade, Fl 33841

Phone:
(863) 738-0084

Fax:
(863) 285-9205

Email:
parts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.componentsupplycompany.com/Product_pages/miniature-machine-screws.html

Part Number: MX-0090-02SF
Size: #00-90
Length: 1/8"
Prices:
Qty 10-24: $1.065 per screw

Part Number: MX-0090-03SF
Size: #00-90
Length: 3/16"
Prices:
Qty 10-24: $1.065 per screw

There is a price break if you buy 1000+.

I suggest buying a small quantity of both lengths to check for fitness for use in
fastening reeds.

See Vern's previous post for caveat regarding the number of threads (1) which will
be in contact with the reed plate IFF the reed plate is threaded. A 1/8" (0.125")
length screw will extend outside of a 0.040" thick reed plate approximately 0.085".
A 3/16" (0.1875") length screw will extend outside of a 0.040" thick reed plate
approximately 0.1475". If a nut is used, then the thickness of the nut will
determine how many threads are holding the screw. Choose what you need.

The principals of Component Supply Company are former employees of Small Parts, Inc.
which was sold to Amazon. Amazon AFAIK does not carry these very small parts.

I could not locate a specifications sheet for these screws. I suggest contacting
the company for the specifications, using Vern's data sheet on the Morris Co. screws
as a reference. Particularly, you want to get the head height, if nothing else.
I've excerpted from Vern's previous post below for the details to request.

Item Number:          F0090CE094
Item Name:            Flat #303 Stainless Steel Screw
Item Desc:            00-90 X 3/32 Flat #303 Stainless Steel Screw. Burr Free.
Thread Size:          00-90 (0.047 in.)
Body Length:          3/32
Thread Diameter:      .0450-,0470
Slot Width J:         .010-.016
Slot Depth T:         .007-.013
Dimension A:          .085-.093
Dimension H:          0.028 REF
Material:             #303 Stainless Steel
Head Type:            Flat
Body Length Decimal:  0.09375 (Same as 3/32)

Note: Typically, the overall length includes the head height for flat head screws.

Regards,
Crazy Bob