From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Richard Hunter
Sent: 21 August 2013 21:40
To: Richard Hunter; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band REDUX

>Dennis Moriarty wrote:
><After years of the sound man's grimacing in a club I am going to try and
defer to his wish to "just play through the PA mike" <rather than setting up
my miked amp. This is a paying gig in a major NYC joint that I do weekly so
the opportunity is worth the <degradation in tonal quality if it's the price
I have to pay. I must go through one of the house wireless mikes into the PA
<without the addition of any added effects so what would give me the most
resonantly smooth sound regarding PA settings please? <Thanks. d

I didn't mention this in my previous post, but maybe your soundman wouldn't
have such a fit if you showed up with an amp modeler of some sort.  Those
are easy to handle onstage and at the board compared to a mic'd amp.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick