Re: [Harp-L] Best PA setting to play with band FINAL COMMENT

>Dennis Moriarty wrote:
><After years of the sound man's grimacing in a club I am going to try and defer to his wish to "just play through the PA mike" <rather than setting up my miked amp. This is a paying gig in a major NYC joint that I do weekly so the opportunity is worth the <degradation in tonal quality if it's the price I have to pay. I must go through one of the house wireless mikes into the PA <without the addition of any added effects so what would give me the most resonantly smooth sound regarding PA settings please? <Thanks. d

Also just occurred to me: does your soundman have a delay at his disposal on the board? A lot of the newer digital boards have built-in FX, adjustable by channel.  If he can give you a delay line on your channel, ask him to set up a slapback delay for you--one repeat, 180 milliseconds or less delay time, delay mix somewhere between 10-20%. It is AMAZING how much Chicago a slapback delay puts into the sound of an acoustic harp, all by itself.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick