Re: [Harp-L] SSCH-56 by Suzuki--new chord harmonica

At SPAH, Gary Lehmann pulled out what appeared to be a standard chromatic harmonica and asked me to play a simple bluegrass/old-timey tune--Boil Them Cabbage Down—on my chromatic in all 12 keys, going through a circle of 4ths.  To my surprise, Gary was able to quickly find the I-IV-V chords in all the keys—C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, B, E, A, D, and G.  I can’t believe this tiny harmonica offers so many chords, and we didn’t even get to the minors, augmented, diminished, etc.  What I found most amazing, however, was that Gary was able to accomplish this feat after working with this instrument for less than a day!  It apparently has a very logical, intuitive layout.

--David Naiditch,   www.davidnaiditch.com