Re: [Harp-L] RP350 Users (Printing Patches)

I found a MacroShaft XML NotePad 2007 Editor at:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7973

It does NOT have a "Print" option! CURIOUS! However, you can
load the XML file using NotePad and print it directly; it just
won't be very intuitive. There may be other "free" XML Editors
available that provide a formatted print output. I just grabbed
the first one that showed up via a Google search for "XML editor".

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here. I just downloaded the entire
Digitech RP355 patch library so that I could take a look at the
internal XML format.

The header looks like a very simplified version of XML.

Here is an excerpt from the "Blues - SRV" patch set:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RP355Preset SchemaVersion="1.2" xmlns="http://www.digitech.com/xml/preset";>
  <Name>SRV</Name>
  <Params>
    <Param>
      <ID>64</ID>
      <Position>2</Position>
      <Value>66</Value>
      <Name>EQ Type</Name>
      <Text>HB&gt;SC</Text>
    </Param>

    ... MORE <Param> GROUPS HERE ...

  </Params>
</RP355Preset>

The first two lines define the XML schema and version.

The patch set name is enclosed in the <Name>SRV</Name> tags. This is the
"SRV" patch set.

I'm ASSUMING that the ID is how you select a particular patch using the
RP355 unit. The example <ID>64</ID> is for ID = 64.

I'm not sure what <Position>2</Position> and <Value>66</Value> represent,
but it should be obvious to a RP355 user.

The <Name>EQ Type</Name> gives a textual name to this particular parameter.
So, I'm ASSUMING that this particular parameter sets up EQ Type 2 with a value
of 66.

"&gt" represents the greater than symbol (">"). I have no idea what "HB>SC"
means on an RP355. Maybe you can figure it out.

Each <Param>...</Param> group has exactly the same format. If you can decode
one of them using a particular setting that you understand, then you can
understand all of them.

And that's all folks, for me, on this thread.
Crazy Bob