[Harp-L] Re: SPAH award criteria

It's an honor to be nominated. Recognition of that fact to the membership is reasonable.

There is nothing wrong with people promoting themselves for nomination. Such action may be received positively or negatively, but that is the risk the self-promoter takes.

Hidden in all this controversy, the underlying core of the dispute is whether or not members of SPAH have a 'vote' in who gets chosen for 'award status'. It seems to me an easy resolution for both problems is to allow both the regular member-nominated, formal award by SPAH and a 'popular vote' award by SPAH members. Either awarded person would surely be proud to achieve such status.

Lastly, former or disgruntled members of SPAH should get a life and quit trying to sabotage the convention every single year since abandoning SPAH. Yawn.

Let me add ...
YES, I've sorted it out and will be attending SPAH'50. It may be my last for awhile, but this one's such a biggee it's impossible to resist. As one who's been way outside to deeply inside SPAH, trust me, very few experience the underpinnings and underbelly of what it takes to create any SPAH convention, especially one SO significant as this 50th Anniversary event. Harmonica Rules!!!

Get ready, here I come! bg