Re: [Harp-L] harp/position short code

Michael Rubin  wrote:
[Quoting another] "Using Robert's concept, Bb3PCM or Bb3PC would indicate Bb
harp, third position in C major. Personally I see no use for the P.  What
else is 3 indicating, if not position?

To which Michal added "I would say:
Bb3C for Bb harp 3rd position major or
Bb3Cm for Bb harp third position minor.

To which I further add -
Why not take it one step further?  Since the position dictates the key of
the song relative to the key of the harmonica, why not also drop the C,
leaving either
Bb3 for Bb harp 3rd position major or
Bb3m for Bb harp third position minor.

(This is analogous to Michael's shorthand that "2 double" necessarily means
2 hole draw double bend, in which all superfluous information has been
stripped from the phrase)

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure that playing 3rd position to a minor or
major song really makes that much difference to me beforehand, so just give
me Bb3 and that's about all I need in terms of harp/position shorthand.

Fred S