[Harp-L] Finally! Overdraws!

I worked on my recently purchased Seydel 1847 today, to improve the
overblows, and decided to work on the upper register to try to get some
overdraws, which I have never been able to achieve before. Embossed the
lower reedplate a little, closed the gaps a tad, and opened up the gaps a
little on the top. They started squeaking out. Still a little stubborn on
the 9 hole, but 7 and 8 are pretty solid.

The reed response on the normal draws, though, is a little slower than I
like, now that the air flows a little less freely b/c of the embossing and
tighter gaps. Any suggestions on how to keep quick reed response on those
draw reeds, and still get decent overdraws? It always seems like a
compromise to me; can't have the best of both worlds...